Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Finding Neverland

Posted 04-16-2019 21:50
    Tonight I had the privilege of seeing Finding Neverland for the first time, and it was incredible! Does anyone know when or if rights will be available and with what company? Please tell me it's in the works, I can't seem to find anything about it searching on my own. And, if you haven't seen it, I can't recommend it highly enough. Truly a wonderful, wonderful evening of theatre!!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

• 2.  RE: Finding Neverland

Posted 04-17-2019 05:30
    You can look it up on IMDB.com they will have the full list of everyone involved in the production, including producer information.  You might be able to find the right connection from this source.

------------------------------
    [Stanley Allan] [Sherman] [Custom theater mask making, Commedia dell'Arte masks & workshops. NYC winter holiday workshops and summer workshops]
    [Mask Maker, Commedia dell'Arte expert, Teacher, Mime, Movement, Actor, Director, performer, producer of workshops and shows.]
    [Mask Arts Company www.maskart.com]
    [New York] [NY][stanley@maskarts.com[212-255-2882][il-dottore@commediau.com][New York][NY][Roving Classical Commedia University* (*totally unaccredited) ]

• 3.  RE: Finding Neverland

Posted 04-17-2019 09:07
    A national professional touring company is still out on the road with this show.  I just saw it here last month.  In many cases, Broadway and tour producers won't allow amateur licensing to begin until they have squeezed every last dollar they can get from the road.

Jeff Grove
    Theatre Teacher, Aesthetics Department Chair
    Stanton College Preparatory School
    Jacksonville FL

• 4.  RE: Finding Neverland

Posted 04-17-2019 09:35
    https://www.samuelfrench.com/p/58743/finding-neverland

Nigel Williams
    Director of Drama
    Chadwick School
    Palos Veres Penninsula CA

• 5.  RE: Finding Neverland

Posted 04-17-2019 11:32
    I am a huge fan of Finding Neverland!!  I just directed The Lost Boy by Ronald Gabriel Paolillo (Playscripts), which is very similar to Finding Neverland.  It is a wonderful play, very sweet and sentimental, with terrific characters.  You will need a very strong male lead. I showed my cast Finding Neverland in preparation for the show. I highly recommend it!

Leslie Bartlett
    Duarte CA

• 6.  RE: Finding Neverland

Posted 04-17-2019 15:29
    My son is in that tour (although he was on standby last night). It is my understanding that rights are not yet available, but that there is a chance they will be shortly after the tour ends on June 23.  I would love to direct it locally - but man that Barrie role is a beast.  He is onstage almost the entire show.

Deanne Stokes
    Two Rivers WI