Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Show for Middle and High School Cast

Posted 12-08-2015 09:49
    I'm toying with the idea of combining my middle school and high school students for our Fall Play next year, but my list of possible scripts is coming up short. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

---------------------------------
    Sean Kifer
    Drama Teacher/Director
    Grosse Pointe Public School System
    Grosse Pointe Woods MI
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Show for Middle and High School Cast

Posted 12-08-2015 10:54

What sort of script are you looking for? If you want a dramatic piece Korczak's Children by Jeffrey Hatcher is a Holocaust play that has adults and children throughout (as do a lot of plays dealing with this subject). 

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Show for Middle and High School Cast

Posted 12-09-2015 07:47

Not sure what kind of a show you are looking for, but we did Alice's Return to Wonderland last spring and it covered a lot of bases - lots of parts for either gender, fun for teenagers, but appropriate for children.

Kristie Bach
    Retired Theatre Teacher
    Traverse City MI

• 4.  RE: Show for Middle and High School Cast

Posted 12-09-2015 11:19

We have done this several times!  It is a great experience for both the high school and middle school students.  If you are looking for a musical, we produced School House Rock Live, Jr. and each grade had their own song...it worked out very well!    If you are looking for straight theatre, I would suggest Cobweb Dreams by Lindsay Price at Theatrefolk!  It is a wonderful way to incorporate actors of different experience levels and a great way to introduce a little bit of Shakespeare as well!  It is an awesome show!  I'd be happy to talk to you about our experience with it.  I know that Jessica Stafford, our middle school teacher would say the same!!

My best!

Carolyn

Carolyn Cork Greer
    Owensboro KY

• 5.  RE: Show for Middle and High School Cast

Posted 12-10-2015 10:28

Hello,

I am a sixth through twelfth grade drama teacher and director. We try to do at least one show a year where we combine our middle and high school students to do a show. I am a big advocate of doing this because of the mentoring that happens both on and off stage. We just finished producing Shrek The Musical. It was a big hit, with a lot of parts and was a big draw for our community.

Elise Marinkovich
    Drama Teacher/Director
    San Diego CA