Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-01-2020 22:11
    Hello! I'm hoping someone can help! We purchased performing and streaming rights for It's a Wonderful Life. Playscripts requires that we sell tickets and stream through Showshare by Broadway on Demand. Fine. 

However. I have not been contacted by the company to set up the tickets and streaming yet and we were supposed to stream this in the next few weeks! We should be advertising now but don't have the information to do so! We purchased performance rights a while ago.  I've been emailing and calling and getting no response. Does someone have a magic number that I can call?

I would love to use the company we've used in the past and just stream it ourselves but showshare is required by Playscripts. Help!

Hoping someone else has had experience with this and can give advice. 

• 2.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-02-2020 06:18
    I did the exact same show a few weeks ago through them. They'll reach out the week before. Did they send you the tech rider? If not I can send it to you!

------------------------------
    Cori Bott
    Drama Advisor/ Theatre Director
    Jackson Township School District
    Jackson NJ

• 3.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-03-2020 07:45
      |   view attached
    We had the exact same issue. We literally did not get contacted until 2 days before our production, after multiple emails and hours on hold.

"Even when the dark comes crashing through-
    when you need a friend to carry you-
    when you're broken on the ground-
    you will be found."
    -Dear Evan Hansen

Jodi Disario
    Drama/English/Theatre Teacher
    Willow Glen High School
    San Jose, CA

Attachment(s)

tiff
    PastedGraphic-4.tiff   13 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-03-2020 11:09
    I have a production of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE A LIVE RADIO PLAY with Playscripts and streamed by BOD/ShowShare coming up on Dec 12 and 19. We are recording on Zoom, (so the production will not be live, thus preventing unstable internet connection with any of our 33 cast members) doing some editing and providing them with a recording for roll out on the 12 and 19 with VOD between those dates.  
    I found the timeliness of their communications about our project unnerving. I located their customer service number and called often, plus emailed my concerns to hear from them. Once connected with BOD, communication is more frequent when I email. 
    I become an assertive advocate for my cast and staff. I believe that businesses need to help Theatre educators/directors with progressive steps for success. 
    I realize that there is an increased demand on streaming services, so I appreciate any care and attention for our educational digital productions, featuring students during this time. 
    Excuse my soap box speech. 
    I hope that by calling provides the communication you need. 
    Gai Laing Jones

• 5.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-02-2020 06:37
    It's like I wrote this post myself - this was my exact experience with Showshare and this show two weeks ago, and I was getting pretty frustrated. In the end it all worked out - their timeline was just a lot later than they had originally said. My impression was that they might have more business than they can manage.  There were some glitches, but nothing major... knocking on wood that the ticketing pay out comes through smoothly this week!

Josie Tierney-Fife
    English Teacher/Theater Director
    Gorham, Maine

• 6.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-02-2020 08:55

We had similar issues with another organization a few weeks back. It all worked out ok. I would just say keep on pressuring them and trying to get in touch. It is my understanding that they all are WAY over extended right now and are struggling to keep up.

~Dave

David Simpson
    Performing Arts Center Manager
    East China Schools
    East China MI

• 7.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-02-2020 09:47
    Hi,
    Try not to panic. I went through the same thing last month. They will schedule an intake zoom call with you about 2 weeks before your show to go over what you need to do. You will need to provide thumbnails of your poster in horizontal and vertical layouts and a summary of the show and your group. I recorded our show, so we had to upload the mp4 within 48 hours of the show dates. Once they have the background info and the signed agreement, they will get all the info uploaded to their site and your patrons can start buying tickets. It definitely seemed to be cutting it close when we were getting ready, but everyone at ShowShare was very helpful and responsive once that first meeting took place. 

Break a leg!

Nancy Moran
    Drama Instructor
    Los Altos High School
    Los Altos CA

• 8.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 12-02-2020 17:14
    I am posting the following from my colleague at ShowShare who is unable to create her own profile here because of maintenance the EdTA site is currently performing.

-Brendan Conheady
    Playscripts, Inc.

==========================================

Hi Megan,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in communication. We value your business and always strive to provide the best possible service, but understand we have not yet met your expectations. One of our Client Support Associates will be reaching out to you today to schedule your intake call and get you set up on the site. If there is anything further we can do to support you in streaming your production, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thank you,

Rachel Keimach

Director of Special Projects
    Broadway On Demand

she | her | hers
    (what's this?)

www.broadwayondemand.com

Brendan Conheady
    Vice President of Operations
    New York NY

• 9.  RE: Showshare Streaming Help!

Posted 05-22-2021 10:28
    I recommend that you stay away from Showshare.  They stole our money, stole the money of our patrons and ruined our student's experience.
     We applied and received the rights to produce and stream War of the Worlds.  Because of Covid, our only option was to stream the performance.  Like you, we were required to use Showshare.   The first issue we encountered was they never contacted to get things set up, I had to reach out to them to get things started.  But that's not even the major issues I encountered.  Second, when I did reach out they scheduled an appointment but forgot to send a meeting link, I had to reach out a couple of times to get a response with a link.  The day our show was to premiere, I noticed that they had scheduled our performances for the wrong timezone, which would have caused our performance to air an hour earlier than advertised and scheduled.  I reached out about the issue, after a couple of attempts, both by phone and email they finally responded and apologized that when they looked at my paperwork they realized that they had input it incorrectly on their end and assured me that they had resolved the issue.  The first performance happened with no issues.  However they did not fix the problem for our second performance.  I reached out to them again to help address this issue and they never responded.  Our second show aired an hour earlier and our audience logged on, to see that the show had ended.  This ruined our student's experience.  I have left several messages and emailed them numerous times and as of now they have never responded to this situation.  We paid for the streaming rights, we paid Showshare for the service, and each of our patrons paid their service fee to watch a show that they did not air correctly.  They do not have the proper support system in place to be operating as a business like this.  We were required to use them and they have been less than professional at every level.  I wanted to make you and other educators were aware of what happened to us.  We will never seek the rights to a production that requires Showshare again.  

Amanda Embry