Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Musical Theatre PE Credit-California

Posted 02-25-2020 16:02
    Hi awesome humans!

Does anyone teach/know of a year-long musical theatre class for PE credit in California?  If yes, would you be willing to share your info (course description, syllabus, etc.) with me as I try to navigate the waters of adding a supplemental PE credential to my life and new course to my program, pretty please?

Thank you!

merica.frost@cnusd.k12.ca.us

Merica Frost
    ERHS Theatre

------------------------------
    Merica Frost
    Eastvale CA

• 2.  RE: Musical Theatre PE Credit-California

Posted 02-26-2020 09:10
    Thanks for posting this Merica. I'm also interested in this. I have a half a credit musical theatre course running next year combined with a tech theatre class. I was hoping to convince the school that this could also count as a PE credit. Our band students get a half PE credit in the fall for marching band, so I'm hopeful.

James Smith
    Illinois Chapter Director
    Ridgewood High School

• 3.  RE: Musical Theatre PE Credit-California

Posted 02-26-2020 11:17
    Dear Merica,

I have written a  lot of curriculum in my time. Here is the National PE standards hope this helps! 

Sincerely,
    Laura

Standard 1: The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.

Standard 2: The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.

Standard 3: The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.

Standard 4: The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.

Standard 5: The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.

Laura Rizzo
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Miami Country Day School
    Miami FL

• 4.  RE: Musical Theatre PE Credit-California

Posted 02-26-2020 13:18
    Very curious about this as well - Following!

Summer Heartt
    Theatre Arts - Teacher/Director
    American Canyon High School
    American Canyon, California, USA