Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Audrey 2

Posted 03-17-2015 15:56

There may already be a thread on this BUT, we are looking at presenting Little Shop of Horrors next year and were planning a budget. Where did you get your Audrey 2 puppets? Do the MTI puppets work well? Worth the money?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 2.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-18-2015 08:02
    Jay County Civic Theatre, Jay County, IN (near Richmond, IN) has lovely puppets that can be rented for $450.  I usually transport in a box truck and offer training.  Transport and training costs $100.  You can usually have puppets up to a month.

Carol Knarr Gebert
    Celina OH

• 3.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-18-2015 08:38

We've got some great puppets. They are from before I started working here so I'm not sure if there are all of <g class="gr_ gr_243 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="243" data-gr-id="243">them</g> but I know we have the big ones. If you can pick them up and return them unharmed, then I'd be happy to loan them to you at no cost.

Message me at tbowyer@rcps.org if you'd like more info or pictures, etc.

Tonya Bowyer
    Drama Teacher
    Radford City Public Schools
    Christiansburg VA

• 4.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-18-2015 09:09

John,

We are currently in rehearsals for a May 13-16 production of "Little Shop." Our Tech director is building our Audrey Two and will have photos available the first week of May. We will be ready to rent all of the components by late May. Let me know if you are interested or if I can be of further assistance.

Lynn Jensen
    Language Arts Faculty, Director of Theater
    Cedar Rapids Community Schools
    Cedar Rapids IA

• 5.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-20-2015 08:45
    We have all 4 sizes of Audry II. We are located 5 miles north of Toledo OH. You can find a short video clip on our website: www.bhstheatrearts.com ------------------------------ Suzanne Smith Temperance MI ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-20-2015 12:06
    I rented from University of Cincinnati-CCM. I don't remember what we spent, but they were excellent and easy to use. Cincy isn't too far from Louisville.

Scott Wilson
    Ohio
    Columbus OH

• 7.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-21-2015 11:51
      |   view attached
    We rented ours from Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville. It was $800 for all the plants. The 2 hand held, 1 6'x 4, and 1 10' x 6' with large tentacles and the pods for Seymour and all to appear in. Well worth the rental package and gave 3 students a chance to operate the larger puppets. ------------------------------ Alex Moore Theatre Arts Director St. Louis MO ------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-22-2015 16:46

http://www.monkeyboysproductions.com/

We did the show this past fall and we rented ours from MONKEY BOYS in Philadelphia.  They were expensive...about $4,500, but they were amazingly beautiful.

Joe King
    Theatre Director
    School District of Shorewood
    Shorewood WI

• 9.  RE: Audrey 2

Posted 03-23-2015 07:43
    I use de monkey its as well last spring. The plants were awesome and beautiful. ------------------------------ David Valdes Director of Theatre St. Paul's School Concord NH ------------------------------