Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Alladin play

Posted 11-18-2017 22:49
    Looking for input regarding Alladin and the Wonderful Lamp.  Which script/publisher has the most literary merit?

------------------------------
    Lisa Wright
    Theatre Arts Director
    Pine Tree Independent School District
    Longview TX

• 2.  RE: Alladin play

Posted 11-20-2017 06:40
    We did Aladdin by Craig Sodaro at Eldridge Plays about 4 years ago. It was a little different, but fun and we'll written with plenty of comedy and parts for many actors.

Sheryl Davis
    Secondary Language Arts/Drama Director
    Sanford NC

• 3.  RE: Alladin play

Posted 11-21-2017 07:44
    I'm not sure what level you're working with, but I work in Middle School and I am planning to directing William Glennon' s adaptation of  Aladdin licensed by the Dramatic Publishing Company this winter. It is fast paced, has many substantial roles for males and females, and several that can be either based on your vision. It also has many cultural references that provide my West African and Arabic students to celebrate their culture.

Hugh Fletcher
    Performing Arts Coordinator
    IS 229 Dr. Roland Patterson Middle School
    Roosevelt NY

• 4.  RE: Alladin play

Posted 11-21-2017 09:44
    Your description of Glennon's script sounds like what I'm looking for.  I direct high school, and I'm looking for something fast-paced and colorful that celebrates culture. 

Can you describe further why the publisher lists ALL characters as either men or women?  Aren't there at least the traditional few who would be one or the other?

Lisa Wright
    Theatre Arts Director
    Pine Tree Independent School District
    Longview TX