Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  one-act suggestions

Posted 11-25-2018 18:01
    Hello all,

I'm looking for one-act suggestions for our one-act this year.  I would like the script to touch on the topic of "more than we appear" as that is our theme for the year.  We also always seem to do medium-largish ensemble shows or vignette shows; I'd like to get away from that.  We generally have more girls than boys audition.  The show should be 45 minutes or less.

Thanks for the ideas!

Josh

------------------------------
    Josh Belk
    Director of Theatre
    Palmer Ridge High School
    Monument, CO

• 2.  RE: one-act suggestions

Posted 11-26-2018 06:15
    I had great success last year with Henry's Law by Stacie Lents (Playscripts)

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: one-act suggestions

Posted 11-26-2018 06:55
    Atypical Boy!  This script is a fun but very real play for the students.  It can be interpreted a variety of ways and every time I have used it the students respond so well to it as do the audience.  It is somewhat difficult the first time you go through it as the show is so unique, but so very powerful!

Kimberly Wibbenmeyer
    Sullivan MO

• 4.  RE: one-act suggestions

Posted 11-26-2018 17:23
    I have an original script, The Eternal Damnation Committee (4 men. 7 women). It is a committee formed of gods and goddesses from different mythos gathered to discuss new consequences for new sins. 

I am willing to have it performed royalty free, just to get it on its feet. Contact me at jvanleishout@gmail.com, if you are interested. I will send a perusal copy.

Thanks

James Van Leishout
    Olympia WA

• 5.  RE: one-act suggestions

Posted 11-26-2018 18:57
    Have you looked at David Campton's Caged Birds? It runs about 50/55 minutes. I think it will set with your theme nicely.

Clinton Hughes
    Drama Teacher/Pastoral Care Coordinator
    Changchun American International School
    Changchun, Jilin Province

• 6.  RE: one-act suggestions

Posted 11-26-2018 21:25
    Good evening,

Have you read "All In The Timing" by David Ives. Very funny collection of short plays that we made as a one act. There is another one called Just Another High School Play that deals with social issues.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School