Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 10-18-2016 22:15

Does anybody remember the name of the scenic projections company that was at the EDTA conference this year? They were new and their projections were inexpensive. Will you please pass their into to me?

OR can you recommend somebody else or another company??? I'm directing The Wedding Singer and I'm looking for some help.

Thanks for your help!

------------------------------
    Fredreka Irvine
    Teacher of Theater Arts
    Carlsbad CA

• 2.  RE: Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 10-19-2016 08:40

Hi Fredreka!

We had two projection companies at the 2016 National Conference: Broadway Media Distribution (Gina, Quentin, Chance, & Kenzie were the reps) and Theatre Avenue (Mitch & Julie were their reps).

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide about Conference exhibitors.

Good luck with your production of Wedding Singer!

Angel Wuellner
    Business Development Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 10-20-2016 10:41

Try contacting Mitch Stark, mitch@freedomhouseproductions.com

303-524-2002

He's a graphic artist who specializes (and rents) show projections, is very school friendly and helpful!

Douglas Rome
    Director of Theatre Arts
    Fairfax County Public Schools
    Burke VA

• 4.  RE: Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 10-20-2016 11:21

Congrats on your upcoming production. Broadway Media Distribution (BMD) makes scenic projection show packages available to more than 2,700 theatres and educational organizations. 

View our content here: bwymedia.com

You may also call anytime to speak with someone from the team: 1-800-277-0343. 

Scenic Projections are relatively new to the amateur stage, and we are thrilled to be leading the charge. Let us help you navigate this new discipline. We have a team of specialized customer support technicians, an audiovisual component, and a talented creative development department. Recently there have been a few additional scenic projection rental websites to the market, however, there remains no other company that boasts the inventory, quality of product and comprehensive support team that BMD offers. I hope we can earn your business. 

Quentin Sanford
    President
    Broadway Media Distribution (BMD)
    Fresno CA

• 5.  RE: Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 10-21-2016 12:00

Hi Fredreka.  BMD is an exciting new company specializing in projections.  We have met them and attended their workshops at different conferences, and they have wonderful packages for different shows.  Just make sure the projections work well with your production concept.  BMD is also very helpful with equipment choices and all the technical aspects of using projections.

Bob Fowler

Interactive Educational Video, LLC

• 6.  RE: Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 10-27-2016 12:38

We are currently working with BMD and they have been great.  Chance even took the time to research how to do something in Q Lab and then sent me step by step instructions.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 7.  RE: Projections for Theatre Productions

Posted 06-13-2017 11:09
    Yes, I know this is an old post but feel free to shoot me a line at mitch@freedomhouseproductions.com, call me at 303-524-2002, or you can check out our library of projection designs and animations at Theatre Avenue.

Cheers!
    Mitch

Mitch Stark
    Fayetteville GA