Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What are some good Theatre Apps?

Posted 04-21-2014 08:56
    A lot of the schools in my area (DFW) have started a program where every student has access to an iPad. The teachers are highly encouraged to have the students use the iPads often to justify the enormous expense. We have used The Amazing Improv Generator, but what are some other good Theatre related apps we can use?

-------------------------------------------
    Matt Ludlam
    Flower Mound TX

• 2.  RE:What are some good Theatre Apps?

Posted 04-22-2014 08:48
    Whoa - I don't have this one and it doesn't come up with my search. Who makes it?

Rita McLary
    West Olive MI

• 3.  RE:What are some good Theatre Apps?

Posted 04-22-2014 09:41

critique it and direct it. (both from CO Thespians) are great apps.  I you have a droid type phone there is also an app called Technical Theatre that is amazing.  Put in dimensions for something and it will give you a cut list and step by step directions.  Linda
    Linda Phillips
    Arizona
    Litchfield Park AZ

• 4.  RE:What are some good Theatre Apps?

Posted 04-23-2014 09:56
    I use critique it in class.  it is already aligned to CO standards for drama.  it's a little tricky on my mini, but just because of the size of the keyboard to type feedback.

Josh Belk
    Colorado Springs CO

• 5.  RE:What are some good Theatre Apps?

Posted 04-23-2014 10:03
    We've had a few threads come up about this in the past, you can use the search feature on the website to see (search for the term "apps") some other recommendations. 

I've also created a spreadsheet of the apps that have been mentioned and have posted it in the Library section of this Community:

Theatre Apps Second Edition

I plan to update it every couple months as I learn about new ones, so if you discover any, let me know!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY