Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  It's a Wonderful Life- James Rodgers- uni set? Black and white?

Posted 09-17-2017 06:30
    Hi,

We are pondering producing this  and was curious if anyone has directed this and used a uni set, styled in black and white or any other suggestions?

Kate Caton

Music and Theatre Instructor- K-12  Berkshires, MA

• 2.  RE: It's a Wonderful Life- James Rodgers- uni set? Black and white?

Posted 09-18-2017 22:50
    It's A Wonderful Life is an awesome show!! I think having the set in Black & White would be very interesting, unique, and outside the box, which I love!! I say "go for it"!!

We did the Live Radio Play, which was much more challenging than anticipated for the actors and for me, the director! It was, however, a wonderful growing experience since they really had to tell the story through their voices and facials w/very little movement - after all it's an old-fashioned radio show!!

Good Luck!!

• 3.  RE: It's a Wonderful Life- James Rodgers- uni set? Black and white?

Posted 09-19-2017 05:34
    I did it in B & W - set, costumes, props. BUT when George realized what he had, we switched to color. It meant doubling costumes but it was really beautiful. The set stayed the same but we had two Christmas trees - one b & w and one in color and two sets of Christmas lights across the stage, one b & w and one in color. It wasn't a tremendous amount of work and the results were lovely. One of my favorites things I've done. Would be happy to show you pictures if you like.

------------------------------
    Amanda Malo
    Dexter MI

• 4.  RE: It's a Wonderful Life- James Rodgers- uni set? Black and white?

Posted 09-20-2017 23:14
    Yes. Would love to see a few pictures of your transition. 

Thanks!!!

Kate

Kate Caton
    Drury Stage Company
    Founder and Director
    Drury High School
    N Adams, MA

• 5.  RE: It's a Wonderful Life- James Rodgers- uni set? Black and white?

Posted 10-18-2018 08:02
    I would LOVE to see pictures of your black and white/color sets and costumes!!  What a great idea!

Christy Beynon
    Director
    Millsap High School
    Millsap TX