Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  student monologues to watch

Posted 08-27-2020 11:11

Hi all!

Working on virtual monologue unit. I'm looking for student monologue videos for my students to watch, so they can see some good examples of performance, as well as learn how to critique. I'd really like them to see strong peer auditions.  I would love if there was a recording of the IE/Thespy winners over the years. Most of what I'm finding is poorly recorded. Does anyone have a resource?

Cherie Ducote Firmin

Mandeville High School Talented Theatre Teacher

St. Tammany Parish Public School System

(work)985-626-5225 (fax)985-626-5298

www.stpsb.org | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

#stppsleads

STPPS adhere to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

STPPS adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 2.  RE: student monologues to watch

Posted 08-28-2020 10:37
    The EdTA units have videos of monologues, 

--

Amy Sando,
    Douglas High School Drama
    782-5136

"You've got to paint the picture and then walk into it. And if you ever find you can't paint the picture, just don't walk."

• 3.  RE: student monologues to watch

Posted 08-28-2020 12:44
    Hi Cherie,

Check out the videos of Thespy superior-scoring performances (back when they were called NIEs) on Theatre Educator Pro. These videos were professionally filmed, and while they don't represent a range of years, they do include adjudicator comments that explain how to critique.

Additionally, this year's Thespy Showcase featuring the top scorers is available publicly on EdTA's YouTube channel.

------------------------------
    Allison Dolan
    Chief Content Officer
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: student monologues to watch

Posted 08-28-2020 17:19
    Take a look at this monologue on YouTube. It's one of my favorite teen monologues done virtually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PN5FYtN2Y&feature=youtu.be

This monologue is from a book of monologues called Quaran-TEENS by Laurie Allen, published by Pioneer Drama Service as a royalty-free skit. The book comes as an electronic PDF with unlimited distribution rights to your students, meaning you can email it to all of them without concern.

https://www.pioneerdrama.com/SearchDetail.asp?pc=QUARANTEEN&id=2

Best wishes!

Debra Fendrich
    Executive Editor
    Debra@pioneerdrama.com