Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  HONK! Eggs Help

Posted 09-27-2018 14:17
    Hello all.

We are preparing a production of HONK!  The script calls for a actor wearable few eggs, as you may or may not know. Has anyone had any experience constructing these? Any advice, directions or suggestions on creation of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Melissa Carroll-Jackson
    Pinnacle High School, Director of Theatre
    Phoenix AZ

• 2.  RE: HONK! Eggs Help

Posted 09-28-2018 04:49
    Hi!!
    I did HONK in 2010 but I don't remember anyone wearing egg costumes. I did find several boards on Pinterest and this one had a wearable egg www.pinterest.com/spotlightact/honk/?lp=true
    Good Luck!!

Connie Sandoz
    Waxahachie, TX
    Retired Theatre Director
    Henderson, NV

• 3.  RE: HONK! Eggs Help

Posted 09-28-2018 10:32
      |   view attached
    I've never done Honk, but the student playing Humpty Dumpty in our Alice in Wonderland years ago created his egg by cutting out triangles from the top and bottom of a foam piece the size of a twin bed and gluing it together, except at the back, where he put on a velcro closure.  See the picture I attached.  He cut the foam with an electric turkey carving knife, the type used for turkeys.

(The student had rosacea.  He wasn't in the egg long enough to overheat!)

C. J. Breland
    Asheville High School
    Asheville NC

• 4.  RE: HONK! Eggs Help

Posted 09-28-2018 08:48
    Hello! We used painted umbrellas to represent the eggs, then shook and closed them when they hatched.

Kelly McCain
    Addison TX

• 5.  RE: HONK! Eggs Help

Posted 10-18-2018 10:07
    We did Honk! a few years ago. We didn't use wearable eggs, but we made these simple eggs out of wood. Our budget is small so we didn't have a lot to work with, but they worked well! The ducklings just hid behind them inside the nest until it was time to hatch.

Beth
    Lima NY