Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Game of Tiaras

Posted 11-28-2015 17:17

I have just purchased this play for a high school group, and I am having some problems with envisioning the blood packet guy.  What would be the most entertaining way to go about this character?  The play suggests red streamers to be attached.  Also, if you have done this play before, I would like some set suggestions as well.  Our set builder is new to the job, and I would like to provide detailed ideas.  Thanks in advance for any input/ideas.  I love Don Zolidis comedies, by the way!!!

------------------------------
    Angie Kennedy

• 2.  RE: Game of Tiaras

Posted 11-29-2015 10:35

I think there are many ways to do the blood packet guy. We  put him in a red tshirt that said "Blood Packet Guy". Yes, we used cheap red streamers from the dollar store though we didn't attach them. Our guy would run in and just wrap some streamer around his victim and run off. You can also use the character as foreshadowing someone's death by having him stalk his victims. In the large battle near the end, he will have trouble keeping up with the carnage, but it is quite humorous to watch him try.

As to the set, I would recommend you keep it simple and consider that there is almost a constant flow of characters on and off the stage. We chose to set our black box up in a stadium (transverse) style with three rings of light (very circus like). This allowed entrances and exits from both ends. This was helpful so as one group was exiting another was entering from the other direction. It kept the show moving. The only set we had was a raised throne at one end. We made banners with Disney-like images and Game of Thrones house "mottos". Making the whole theatre feel like a great hall. 

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Sean Blauvelt
    Arroyo Grande CA

• 3.  RE: Game of Tiaras

Posted 12-02-2015 08:53

Thank you Sean!  Do you have any pictures that you wouldn't mind sharing.  I am trying to wrap my head around that style.  Plus my set designer is new, so any help would be great.  I am not new to theater, but I work more with the actors and not sets.  Thanks!!

Angie Kennedy