Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Chip from beauty and the beast

Posted 12-14-2018 08:50
    We are staging Beauty and the Beast this spring and I was wondering how others have done Chip. I've heard of using a cart with just the actors head showing. Any other creative and fun ideas? Any tips on the cart method if you have used this effectively?
    --
    Lisa Singleterry
    Portland Christian Schools
    Elementary Music & Band Teacher
    High School Drama Director
    Masters of Arts in Teaching

• 2.  RE: Chip from beauty and the beast

Posted 12-15-2018 12:18

We used the cart method. Cart was large enough to accommodate a bench for the actor to sit on as he was pushed around the stage by Mrs. Potts. Our Chip was a Freshman girl.

• 3.  RE: Chip from beauty and the beast

Posted 12-17-2018 08:21
    We rented a Chip costume that was a stand-up thing. So the actor walked around with a t-cup of the body.

--
    Mark A. Zimmerman
    Theatre Director,

Akron School for the Arts
    Firestone High School
    470 Castle Blvd
    Akron, Ohio 44313

330-761-3275

FirestoneTheatre.com

• 4.  RE: Chip from beauty and the beast

Posted 12-17-2018 10:55
      |   view attached
    I wanted Chip to be able to move about on his own. My costume designer used a round laundry basket to create the cup. She cut the bottom out, cut a "chip" out of the top edge, and cut an arm whole out of the other side of the top. The Saucer was cut our of cardboard and glued to the bottom rim of the basket. The actor wore knickers and stocking, and a period-ish shirt. One of his arms was the handle of the cup. The other arm just stayed inside the cup.

------------------------------
    Kevin Welsh
    Auditorium Director
    Columbus IN
    ------------------------------