Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Secret in The Wings - Snake Prop

Posted 08-29-2017 06:30
    Hello:
    Has anyone done Mary Zimmerman's "The Secret in the Wings"? 
    If so, I'd be very interested in how you did the snakes for "Snake Leaves".
    Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    Tom

Tom Schulz
    High School Theatre

I am currently reading "The Keeper of Lost Causes" by Jussi Adler-Olsen.

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Unless it relates to the official business of Singapore American School, any opinions or matters expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.

• 2.  RE: Secret in The Wings - Snake Prop

Posted 08-30-2017 04:45
    We used the same technique that Mary did in the original production. We created snake puppets using white vinyl dryer hose and a white sock for the head. I can send you some video if you would like. We also have some clips of the show and others of hers we've done ( we're big fans of her work) on our You Tube Channel. Your kids are going to have a blast!

Ron Parker
    Appleton North High School
    Appleton, WI

www.appletonnorththeatre.org

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: Secret in The Wings - Snake Prop

Posted 08-30-2017 08:24
    We did it two years ago. We used dryer vent material  to create snake puppets on sticks (since it was in the "basement") Velcro allowed the pieces to go back together. We used silver and white to distinguish.

------------------------------
    Douglas Erwin
    Ferguson, MO
    ------------------------------