Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Auditions

Posted 04-12-2021 23:01
    Hello, My administration would like me to report on how other schools are handling auditions during COVID?  Thanks so much for your help :)

--
    Andrea Grace
    Music/Performing Arts
    Jefferson Academy
    11251 Reed Way
    Broomfield Co 80020
    720-877-1992

***** Email confidentiality notice *****
    This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

• 2.  RE: Auditions

Posted 04-13-2021 08:40
    Hello,
    Our school has been in-person (hybrid or other) all year. Our auditions have been in-person with a virtual option for any students unable to audition. At times students have also participated in rehearsals via zoom. I realize we have been very fortunate to have in-person rehearsals. We had performances earlier in the year that were recorded & streamed. We are now able to have limited audiences - w/ social distancing and masks required. 
    Hope this helps, best wishes to all!

------------------------------
    Kate Lindsay, Troupe #1476
    Salina High School South
    Salina, KS

• 3.  RE: Auditions

Posted 04-13-2021 11:44
    We've been hybrid all year, so we had live auditions for our spring play. There were a few students who were quarantined at the time of auditions, so I allowed them to submit a video audition (two contrasting monologues). For the live auditions, we had smaller groups come in at a time...6-8 maybe, to keep the numbers down. They all did two contrasting monologues and read one group scene. I also did not have callbacks this year because the show was an ensemble/storytelling piece, and I didn't really need callbacks due to the nature of the show.

Susan Nieten
    Theatre Teacher, Spring Play Director,
    & Thespian Troupe Director
    at Noblesville High School (Noblesville, IN)

Twitter: @mrsnieten

• 4.  RE: Auditions

Posted 04-13-2021 20:56
    This fall, when we were teaching hybrid. I had the students do audition tapes. We then did auditions with three or four students at a time outdoors in a tent outside the school.  The students wore masks and were socially distanced. For the one act we had in person auditions ....masked and socially distanced. For the students who were online they auditioned with the in person people. We played improv games and did scenes with online and in person working together. Hope this helps.

Cathy Archer
    EdTA Member or Troupe Director
    Rutland High School

• 5.  RE: Auditions

Posted 04-15-2021 14:23
    I appreciate all the feedback.  The instate schools have had a similar response.  How I long for a return to non-cohort teaching in my auditorium being able to see smiles...

--
    Andrea Grace
    Music/Performing Arts
    Jefferson Academy
    11251 Reed Way
    Broomfield Co 80020
    720-877-1992

***** Email confidentiality notice *****
    This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

• 6.  RE: Auditions

Posted 04-22-2021 14:06
    Our district introduced us to the website Flipgri, and it was a perfect way to submit an online audition.  Very user friendly and places all of the auditions in one spot rather than your email.  Great tool for presenting performances.

Kendra Knoblock
    Teacher - Director
    Romeo High School