Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone every use Airwave wireless microphone systems?

Posted 03-15-2018 07:55
    We have been using our Audio Technica 3000 Wireless microphone systems for successfully for 13 years, however, we have several channels in the 600 MHz area that will need to be phased out.

I have been researching the new AT, Shure, & Sennheiser systems when my sales rep brought up the Airwave Technologies AT-4200 Dual Channel Wireless System as a viable option for me. After 13 years of success with the AT 3000 with antenna distribution and paddle antennas, I am pretty hesitant to move away from Audio Technica.  The sales rep, however, said they are manufactured at the same plant as the Shure BLX systems and have metal components.  His company has been carrying them since 2016 and have had great success with them.

I am wondering if any of you have purchased these mics from Airwave and what your experience is with them? To be clear, I'm not interested in feedback on the Airwave mic elements that can be used on Shure, AT or Sennheiser wireless systems, I'm looking for feedback on the wireless system (transmitter, receiver, etc).

Thanks for your help!
    John Whapham
    Theatre Director
    Sycamore High School

This email and any attachments contain information that is, or may be, covered by state/federal student privacy laws or electronic communication privacy laws and it may also be considered confidential and proprietary in nature. This email and any response to it may constitute a public record, and therefore may be made available upon request in accordance with Ohio public records law (ORC 149.43).

If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• 2.  RE: Anyone every use Airwave wireless microphone systems?

Posted 03-15-2018 09:11
    ​Good morning,

I have not used this but have heard good reviews. Comparative to the Sennheiser Evolution series.

------------------------------
    Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 3.  RE: Anyone every use Airwave wireless microphone systems?

Posted 03-16-2018 08:44
    We love our Airwaves! They are very user friendly and have been pretty durable.
    One of my former students who has helped me with "sound" has said that Airwave possibly have gone out of business? The website is still active so I'm not really sure. 
    I really want to keep same company, so I am currently researching new mics also. I really would like to move to Sennheiser, but the cost is..OUCH! Plus there are so many to chose from! I'm not really sure which I should be looking at.

Erika Trahan
    Kaplan LA

• 4.  RE: Anyone every use Airwave wireless microphone systems?

Posted 03-17-2018 08:40
    Good to hear another good review of airwave. I use different brands based on my need. Shure BLX for my wireless actor mics. Sennheiser for my handheld hard wired. You have to really know your space and research the best options.

---------------------------------
    Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School
    ---------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Anyone every use Airwave wireless microphone systems?

Posted 03-17-2018 18:22
    Call Phillip at Sweetwater Soubd Contact Sweetwater | Sweetwater
    Sweetwater remove preview
    Contact Sweetwater | Sweetwater
    Contact Sweetwater via phone, email, or online form!
    View this on Sweetwater >

Corinne Walker
    Private voice teacher
    Musical theater director
    Mesa, Arizona
    corinnewalk4.wixsite.com/mesa