Open Forum

View Only

Postcard Productions 

10-18-2013 13:53

Postcard Productions is an workshop created by the Roundabout Theatre Company. It is a two-hour workshop where the students take on all production roles and create a short show. At the beginning of every residency or school year I use this workshop to give the students an idea of all the roles involved with creating a show, along with all the careers available in theatre! This also helps later on when we are creating a full production and I am faced with a dozen questions at once: I remind them about Postcard Productions and how difficult it was for them to have everyone asking questions at the same time and that I have several roles to juggle. This works great with students ages 10-18. Since I travel as a teaching artist to each residency, I only bring what I can carry! So I will use sound effects on my iPod, flashlights for lighting, and small set/costume pieces such as tapestries, scarves, glasses, hats, props. For the show itself, I usually present four open scenes for the Director to choose and then hand out and cast. I also urge the Marketing Director to explore marketing in commercials and social media as well as printed advertisement. Depending on what you want to work on with your students you can pick and choose which production roles to use. If you have any questions about executing this workshop, please let me know.

Statistics
2 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
77 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
Postcard Productions.pdf   4.65 MB   1 version
Uploaded - 10-18-2013

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.