Open Forum

View Only

Parent Booster guide 

12-07-2022 17:14

TLDR; click the link

Verbose: I had to essentially start my own Parent Booster at my public school, so in order to do that I had to consider the following:

1) What did I not like doing (i.e. what did not involve supporting student actors, techs, business people, ect)
2) What could I document and pass on to a volunteer to do?
3) How can I make sure that those volunteers feel appreciated and want to come back.

After thinking about it, I realized that I hate having to make money (if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have majored in theater right?), and I don't really enjoy organizing things. I considered every part of teaching theater that does not required technical knowledge (of acting, directing, tech, ect),  and then every time I did something, I wrote it down. The next year, I asked if a parent could do it, and they generally said sure.

The key is saying, "I need help, it will take XYZ hours of your time, and I have a page long instructions sheet that lays out exactly what I need you to do", which makes it pretty non-intimidating.

My parent guide is on google docs so is publicly linked below. This is a static version so the info is probably old. I update mine every year with new names and contact info.

Copyright me I guess, but please steal it and make your program better and your job easier. If you really love it, send me a starbucks gift card :)

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.