Open Forum

View Only

Wonderland: the Musical

• 1.  Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 12-30-2018 06:09
    Hi there,

Does anyone know if 'Wonderland: the Musical" is available for licensing anywhere?  I'm on the hunt for my musical for next year and recently became aware of this one.

TIA!

------------------------------
    Lynda Gibson
    Director
    Troupe 2829
    Flushing High School
    Junior Troupe 88305
    Flushing Middle School

• 2.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 12-31-2018 08:55
    Hi Lynda,

Wonderland has no official representation by a licensing company, however according to composer Frank Wildhorn's website, if you're interested in one of his shows and it's not licesed by a company, you just need to contact him. You can do so here: http://www.frankwildhorn.com/Contact.php

Let me know how it works out, I've always been interested in the show as well. 

Best,
    Derek Pickens

Derek Pickens
    Director of Drama
    Charleston SC

• 3.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 12-31-2018 09:54
    This is a gem that Frank Wildhorn doesn't want to release for some reason. I have been hoping he will change his mind, but he's still not releasing it. Some speculate it was it's poor reception on Broadway, but even online petitions haven't changed his mind. 

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

• 4.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 12-31-2018 15:20
    I read somewhere, ages ago, that there is speculation that the reason they hadn't released it was because there was thought of revising and then producing the revised version.  However, that was several years ago, so I doubt that's happening.  I'm bummed, too, it'd be a great musical for schools.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 5.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 12-31-2018 16:37
    There were a couple of online petitions circulating to try and convince him to produce it, but I can't even find a response to them. His website lists the history of the show but no updates as to the release of the rights.

• 6.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 03-30-2019 09:26
    Wonderland available through Pioneer Drama, I think.

Maria Stadtmueller
    St. Augustine School
    Kendall Park, NJ

Sent from my iPhone

• 7.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 04-01-2019 12:53
    Hello,

I don't think the the version available through Pioneer is what you are looking for, but it is an enjoyable show.  It is not Wonderland:  the Musical that people have been talking about.  Pioneer's is titled Wonderland! with book by James DeVita and music and lyrics by Bill Francoeur.  We did it twelve years ago.  It has a large cast and a fun mix of different music genres such has hip-hop, gospel, and country western and is follows the original book generally well.  I am pretty sure  from another discussion on this forum that Wonderland:  the Musical is not available for licensing as of yet.  

Ken Robinson

Kenneth Robinson
    Drama Club Sponsor
    Wapahani High School
    Selma IN

• 8.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 01-18-2020 08:59
    Hi Lynda,

Not sure if you'll see this response so many years later, but I figured I'd post it here for any future people with the same questions about Wonderland as well!

I study vocal performance at NYU Steinhardt, and our program is currently in rehearsals for Wonderland (performing February 6-10). We are working directly with Frank Wildhorn to make the aforementioned revisions to the show, and are also the first non-commercial group to have been given licensing to perform Wonderland.

Not sure what this means for the future of Wonderland, but know that the show is alive and well!

-CJ

Charles Tomaszewski
    New York NY

• 9.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 01-19-2020 06:51
    Hi CJ,

Oh! Good to know! I'll keep my radar tuned for any future chatter about it!

Lynda Gibson
    Director
    Troupe 2829
    Flushing High School
    Junior Troupe 88305
    Flushing Middle School

• 10.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 01-19-2020 14:20
    This is great news to me , both as an NYU Theatre Alumni, and a director!

Break A Leg on the show, and please keep us posted as I would like to do this show as soon as, an if,  it becomes available!

Sincerely,
    Laura

Laura Rizzo
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Miami Country Day School
    Miami FL

• 11.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 02-13-2024 09:06

Hi! I know this post was made a long while ago but Wonderland is starting to roll out on the Highschool level, there are currently two schools in America putting wonderland on as a pilot production, Woodland Hills High School and Diamond Bar High School. Hopefully the productions will be good enough for other schools to want to do them. I encourage anyone seeing this to try to make it to one of these productions.

Nicolas Damico

• 12.  RE: Wonderland: the Musical

Posted 27 days ago

Any word on who to contact for rights? 

Thank you! 

Kristin Vandenberg
    Troupe Director
    McCallum High School
    TX