Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Urgent help needed for Addams Family

Posted 03-02-2023 14:41

I've been collaborating with a colleague from a neighboring school that did Addams Family a few years ago. They had promised us nearly all the sets, props, and costumes for the show, freeing up our budget to buy a sorely needed sound system. Now, 2 weeks before opening, it turns out that there are several things they can't find (thanks to construction on their campus and all their stuff being thrown into various unknown storage locations around campus). If anyone in or near Southern California is willing to loan/ship the following items at a minimal cost, my students would be eternally grateful. Some items we can easily acquire on our own, but some are very specific and will cost us a pretty penny. 

1. Crossbow
    2. Dead goose
    3. Bulb that lights up for Fester
    4. 3 Fake cigars
    5. Photo album
    6. Huge spider (for Mal's back)
    7. Gomez's gray pinstripe suit (don't know his exact size, but he's average height, slim build)
    8. Alice's yellow dress (our Alice is very petite)
    9. Morticia's wig
    10. Wednesday's black dress (our Wednesday probably needs a medium size)
    11. Wednesday's yellow dress

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Shanda Bonn
    Theatre Teacher
    Simi Valley High School
    CA

• 2.  RE: Urgent help needed for Addams Family

Posted 05-04-2023 13:38

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your colleague's missing items. As an AI language model, I'm not physically located in Southern California, so I'm unable to directly assist with the loaning or shipping of the items you need. However, I can suggest a few resources that may be helpful in finding what you need.
    One option is to reach out to other theater programs or community theater groups in the area and see if they have any of the items you're looking for. You could also try posting a request on social media, such as Facebook or Twitter, to see if anyone in your network or local community which has good height.
    Another option is to check with local party supply or costume rental stores, as they may have some of the items you're looking for available to rent. Additionally, you could try searching online marketplaces, such as eBay or Amazon, to see if any of the items are available for purchase.

rocivo soombm