Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thespian honors subsequent to induction year

Posted 05-25-2022 11:38
    In the years following a Thespian's Induction, do you ask them to bring back their certificate if they earn more stickers (stars, scholar, etc.).

------------------------------
    Shanda Bonn
    Theatre Teacher
    Simi Valley High School
    CA

• 2.  RE: Thespian honors subsequent to induction year

Posted 05-26-2022 07:14
    In the past, I would cut out the stickers and put them in an envelope to hand out at the next year's induction/awards ceremony.

However, a couple of years ago we started a new tradition (I got the idea from this forum!).  I frame and keep the inductees' certificates until they graduate. All of the certificates hang in the room until their senior year.
      The students still get their pin and membership card when they are inducted, so there is still something to hand them at inductions (and the pin is what they really want anyway). But they seem to enjoy seeing their name hanging on the wall and it makes for a really nice part of the ceremony for seniors.

Guy Barbato
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Leonardtown High School
    MD

• 3.  RE: Thespian honors subsequent to induction year

Posted 05-28-2022 12:39
    This is a great idea.

Josh Kauffman
    Teacher, Thespian Society/Drama Club sponsor
    Winfield City Schools
    Winfield, AL

• 4.  RE: Thespian honors subsequent to induction year

Posted 05-27-2022 08:35
    I provide inductees with a copy of their certificate and keep the original until their senior year. They get their certificates with all of the stickers at the end of the year celebration. But, I really like what Guy said about hanging them up in the theatre room....much better than keeping them in file folders in my office! I think I might start hanging mine up in the theatre room, too!

Susan Nieten
    Theatre Teacher, Spring Play Director,
    & Thespian Troupe Director
    at Noblesville High School (Noblesville, IN)

Twitter: @mrsnieten