Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Surrey for OKLAHOMA!

Posted 02-11-2023 12:00
    Hello all

I'd love any and all thoughts on how to make /where to rent/suggest the surrey with the fringe on top for our production of OKLAHOMA!

No idea too abstract...no cost is too - wait....no...cost is definitely a big factor...

And yes, I did see the used one for sale for just over $1200 in South Carolina....transportation...ah, transportation...

Cheers all

Paul Hope
    Producer & Director of Theatre
    St. John Paul the Great
    Potomac Shores, VA (DC area)
    --
    Mr. Paul Hope, MFA
    Fine Arts Department: Drama
    Producer and Director of Theatre
    703.445.0321 (direct)
    House of Castello

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  It is intended solely for use by the intended recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you have received this communication in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. 

• 2.  RE: Surrey for OKLAHOMA!

Posted 02-12-2023 13:17
    I contacted several horse farms in the area and was able to borrow one. We attached a homemade top (with fringe) using zip ties and PVC pipe. Worked great, and looked great. 
    We gave them a thank you in the program-that's all they wanted. 

Ginnie Bullis

C. Milton Wright High School

National Board Certified Teacher English 

Drama Director/Teacher

Speech & Debate Coach

STARS/SADD Sponsor

410-638-4110

ginnie.bullis@hcps.org

• 3.  RE: Surrey for OKLAHOMA!

Posted 02-13-2023 12:08

I guarantee someone in your area has one. I would suggest contacting a carriage association to get started, such as these:

James River Driving Association

The American Driving Society

Carriage Association of America

------------------------------
    James Thomas Bailey
    Director of Theatre Arts
    Justin-Siena HS, Napa CA
    Artistic Director, CSz Los Angeles
    ------------------------------