Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sound Cue Program

Posted 02-23-2024 10:05
    I have been using Multiplay for my sound cues for years. I just found out that it is not compatible with newer technology sound boards. It was almost a disaster at our One Act Play competition. Luckily I had everything backed up on Google Drive so the contest director was able to upload my cue into their sound cue program on a Mac. What program is everyone using now for sound cues? I don’t have a Mac . I’m using a Dell laptop.
    Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Sound Cue Program

Posted 02-24-2024 10:04

Unfortunately, Multiplay was the only free Windows-based program that I thought was halfway decent. There are a couple of paid programs out there that you could trial and see if you like - Show Cue System, SFX, or even CSC Show Control

But - if I'm honest - Qlab really is the best. I really didn't want to hear it at first because I didn't have a mac (have always been a PC guy, myself). I used a very old (2009) macbook that someone was giving away so I could run Qlab for free and it was so great that I never looked back.  It still runs Qlab 4.  We did end up fundraising to buy a newer mac, but I just switched the old one on and pulled up an old show file, lol.

I am curious, though, what you mean when you say it is not compatible with newer technology sound boards. How so?  Are you referring to more advanced functions than just sound cue playback?

Old 2009 MacBook running Qlab 4

------------------------------
    Guy Barbato
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Leonardtown High School
    MD

• 3.  RE: Sound Cue Program

Posted 02-24-2024 11:45

QLab. Hands down.

Joan Jubett
    (she/her)
    Director of High School Fall Play and Spring Festival of Plays
    High School Theater Teacher
    LREI
    New York, NY

• 4.  RE: Sound Cue Program

Posted 03-26-2024 09:54

Qlab for our program. 

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 5.  RE: Sound Cue Program

Posted 03-27-2024 10:19

We use a program called Sound Plant and Audacity as an editor.

Michael Johnson
    Teacher
    Trinity High School
    NC