Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Induction

Posted 05-21-2023 22:25

Greetings  Family,
     I am really new to this and I am going to need help. First question. How can I induct new students?  The second question is how can we enter into competitons, are they annouced on here?

------------------------------
    Kim Thomas
    Director of Theater Arts MD. Roberts Middle School
    MD Roberts Middle School
    GA

• 2.  RE: Induction

Posted 05-22-2023 10:21

Hi Kim,

I believe this page will be your best resource for getting started. It contains a tutorial video on how to induct students into the International Thespian Society, and also links out to some other helpful resources. If you are still having issues, you can reach out to members@schooltheatre.org and a team member will be in touch with you. (It is what we like to call "Induction Rush" season, so the volume of inquiries to that address have increased exponentially. Just be aware of that when reaching out.)

Competitions are usually hosted at the chapter level, so connecting with your chapter leadership is great place to start. You can find your chapter's leadership here. Students participating in the Thespy Awards can advance to final rounds of competition held at the International Thespian Festival each June. Learn all about the Thespy Awards at Thespys.org.

Matt Curtis
    Content & Marketing Director
    Educational Theatre Association

• 3.  RE: Induction

Posted 05-22-2023 11:51
    Thank you so much for responding.
    Blessings and Love
    Kim

• 4.  RE: Induction

Posted 02-15-2024 15:18

Hey Matt,

Maybe you can help me today.  I went through the process of adding new students, but now when I try to search for them, it just keeps saying "searching" and never finds them.  Is the site having problems? Am I doing it wrong?  Any advice is appreciated.

Chad Gifford
    Director of Theatre
    Minot Magic City Campus High School
    ND