Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Moldable Plastic

Posted 08-17-2017 22:29
    Has anyone ever used this product in prop construction or costume construction? I'm wondering how easy it is to work with.

---------------------------------
    Candice Corcoran

Kennesaw GA
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Moldable Plastic

Posted 08-18-2017 06:20
    What is the name of the product?   There are a few things out there.  What are you trying to do?

------------------------------
    [Stanley Allan] [Sherman] [Custom theater mask making, Commedia dell'Arte masks & workshops. NYC winter holiday workshops and summer workshops]
    [Mask Maker, Commedia dell'Arte expert, Teacher, Mime, Movement, Actor, Director, performer, producer of workshops and shows.]
    [Mask Arts Company www.maskart.com]
    [New York] [NY][stanley@maskarts.com[212-255-2882][il-dottore@commediau.com][New York][NY][Roving Classical Commedia University* (*totally unaccredited) ]

• 3.  RE: Moldable Plastic

Posted 08-18-2017 07:14
    What is the name of the product? I've used several variations on thermoplastic.

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: Moldable Plastic

Posted 08-18-2017 12:01
    Very easy to use. We made a whole bunch of teeth and horns with moldable plastic pelletrs for our haunted house last year. They take to alcohol activated paints very well. Haven't used them for anything other than SFX makeups yet, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermomorph-Moldable-Plastic-Pellets-Ounce/dp/B00D3LAZ9O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503072020&sr=8-5&keywords=moldable+plastic

Rachel Snow
    Drama and Technical Theater Teacher
    Alhambra High School
    Alhambra CA