Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Small cast Shakespeare Cuttings

Posted 05-26-2020 16:58
    Hey everyone,

I'm exploring a few alternative possibilities for my summer theatre program.  One idea that came up is to put together a Shakespeare in the Park style performance that could either be streamed or performed live, if situations allow for it, that would only use about 6 actors to perform.  Before I start working to cut a show, thinking a comedy like 12th Night or The Comedy of Errors, I thought I would check to see if any of you already know of scripts like that or have access to them.
    Again, specific needs:
    --6 actors (Potentially 2F and 4M)
    --1 Hour long
    --Comedy of Shakespeare

In case you are wondering, other things we are looking to do instead of our usual Summer Theatre program is streaming a cabaret, a Play in a Day style show streamed out taking suggestions from an online audience, attempting an improv show with an online audience, and doing a few Q&A with past and present artists involved in our program.

Any help or advice you can give is appreciated!
    Thanks.

------------------------------
    Chad Gifford
    Director of Theatre
    Minot, ND
    chadgifford@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Small cast Shakespeare Cuttings

Posted 05-27-2020 22:24
    Hi Chad! 
    I've done three "breakneck" versions of Shakespeare events: "Breakneck Hamlet," "Breakneck Julius Caesar" and "Shakespeare's Histories." All of them are about an hour long, and easily divided among a small company of actors. (They're also pretty funny.) I'd be happy to share scripts with you!
    Best,
    Tim

Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com