Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Fight coordinator in Phoenix area?

Posted 06-27-2017 16:57
    We will be producing Robin Hood by Larry Blamire (due to a suggestion from this forum, BTW!) and I am looking for a fight coordinator with experience in instructing and choreographing students in swordplay scenes. This play has A LOT of sword (and other) fights. I'll need help. Please send suggestions my way if you know of Phoenix area qualified people! Production performs in early November, rehearsals begin early September. Additionally, I am excited about finding this script! Very funny, lots of action and characters. Others may want to check it out as a potential large-cast comedy. 

Cheers!

Keith Burns
    Director of Theatre Arts
    12th Grade Coordinator
    SEED Leader

Description: We:LOGO in various formats:2006 PCDS logo Blue 1 and half inch.jpg
    Phoenix Country Day School
    3901 E. Stanford Dr.
    Paradise Valley, AZ  85253
    602.955.8200 x 2312
    www.pcds.org

• 2.  RE: Fight coordinator in Phoenix area?

Posted 06-27-2017 19:51
    Two great resources locally, and you may even know them already: 
    Andrea Robinson at PVCC, Certified Fight Coordinator, Faculty and Theatre Director
     Email: andrea.robertson@paradisevalley.edu
    and
    Ric Alpers  - just did a Stage Combat workshop and show at Starlight Community Theater.  Find him on Facebook.

Best of luck!

------------------------------
    Bonnie Wilson
    Scottsdale AZ

• 3.  RE: Fight coordinator in Phoenix area?

Posted 06-28-2017 10:48
    Aaron Blanco is a gentleman that I used to teach a stage combat unit for me, I would highly recommend him to do be the  fight coordinator for your production, he came highly recommend to me.  His email is blanco.aaron.t@gmail.com.

Matt Erickson
    Theatre Director
    Red Mountain High School
    Troupe 5084
    Mesa AZ