Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Frozen Jr.

Posted 10-16-2019 07:01

Has anyone done Frozen Jr. and run in to the issue of ticket sale limits? We have been told that we are limited to 1,600 ticket sales for the run of the show. Our house seats 500 which means we are limited to just 3 performances. We have considered making an appeal to Disney and wondered if anyone else has had any experience (or luck) with this!

------------------------------
    Sara Reuschel
    Quincy IL

• 2.  RE: Frozen Jr.

Posted 10-17-2019 11:25
    We are licensing it as well, and it's also considerably more expensive than other Junior shows. It does seem to have some unique limitations as to how many performances are allowed and the size of the audience. I'm sure there's a method to that decision, but it seems to be geared AWAY from mining the show's possibility to be a huge hit, which I don't understand. I will say that Disney properties are generally less-open to appeals and compromises, but try it anyway and let us know the response you get.

Josh Kauffman
    Teacher
    Winfield AL

• 3.  RE: Frozen Jr.

Posted 10-22-2019 12:19
    Josh. The local middle school here is producing it and it is true that hey do not allow for more thank 1600 tickets, even after an appeal.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 4.  RE: Frozen Jr.

Posted 10-22-2019 13:24
    Crit - did they try to appeal and get rejected? We're trying to determine if it's worth the effort.

Sara Reuschel
    Quincy IL

• 5.  RE: Frozen Jr.

Posted 10-22-2019 13:43
    Yes. They said no.

Crit Fisher CST, FAST