Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Consent Form?

Posted 02-16-2017 14:29
    I'm trying to find a consent form for our partnership with a professional theatre. The form would be something along the lines of parents giving permission for their child to be working alongside the professionals at the theatre. Has anyone ever dealt with a form like that? Can you share it?

Thank-you!

------------------------------
    Victoria Kesling Councill
    Chapter Director - VA EdTA/ Virginia Thespians
    Theatre Director- Fine & Performing Arts Department NKHS
    Artistic Director - NKHS Trojan Theatre
    Artistic Director - Kent England Exchange Production
    Virginia Commonwealth University BFA Theatre Education, BFA Art Education '08
    University of Houston - MA in Theatre Candidate '16

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art." - Konstantin Stanislavski

• 2.  RE: Consent Form?

Posted 02-18-2017 18:50
    Hi Victoria,
    Here's the wording of a consent form/liability waiver that I have used in the past - it could perhaps be adapted to suit your situation?
    Regards,
    Beth

Liability Waiver

PERMISSION FOR STUDENTS OR OUTSIDE EVENTS USE OF

FLY SYSTEM, GALLERIES/CATWALKS, SET BUILDING/SHOP

IN THE __________ SCHOOL DISTRICT THEATRES.

I, __________________________, parent/legal guardian of _________________________(student or self), do hereby give my permission for my student/self to operate the equipment in the ________School District Performing Arts Centers, which includes but is not limited to:

Operate the counterweight system for the purposes of flying scenery and electrics in and out.

Work under the supervision of a theatre technician in order to re-weight pipes.

Enter the galleries and/or catwalks for the purposes of rehearsals or performances, and specific show-related purposes.

Operate a followspot, hang and focus lights, set up and operate sound equipment.

Operate hand tools, power tools, in order to build or repair scenery, set pieces, props and/or costumes.

Use and/or operate other equipment inherent to the theatre and/or to the production therein.

I understand that a theatre facility contains many mechanical, electrical and other physical hazards, which can constitute a risk of injury or in extreme cases, death, especially to those unfamiliar with the procedures and practices of the industry, and that my student/I may not operate any equipment in the theatre until they/I have been authorized by theatre staff. I also recognize the importance of following the instructions of the theatre staff and my student/I agree/s to obey such instructions. Failure to follow required safety rules may result in immediate and possibly permanent removal from a given activity or production. I agree to hold harmless and indemnify the __________ School District, its employees, officers and agents from all claims, liability, actions or lawsuits, except for acts or omissions involving the sole negligence of the ___________ School District.

______________________________________                               _______________________________________

Student Signature                             Date                         Parent/Self Signature                                       Date

Beth Rand
    Author of "High School Theatre Operations" and the "High School Theatre Safety Manual"
    High School Theatre Manager
    HS Theatre Management Coach and Instructor - next Theatre Management Training course starts March 27
    PRESETT, a service of RCDTheatreOps
    www.PRESETT.org
    Woodinville, WA