Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  She kills monsters

Posted 12-07-2018 08:25
    I’m a new TD for Waukegan High School and we are talking this show which has a lot of supernatural elements. If anyone has done it and has left over props or ideas I can borrow, rent, or have. Please let me know.

Sincerely,

- Paul Hengels

• 2.  RE: She kills monsters

Posted 12-09-2018 12:05
    Hello!

We just closed this show in November. I would be most happy to talk with you about any of the aspects and how we did them. Feel free to email me directly. It is such a fun and meaningful show! We loved it!

Best of luck!
    Sarah

------------------------------
    Sarah Aanderud Wahlen
    Director of Theatre & Film
    Holy Names Academy
    Seattle, WA

• 3.  RE: She kills monsters

Posted 12-10-2018 06:48
    We are getting ready to explore this show as a class project in Lambertville NJ. Anyone nearby with leftover props -- especially Dragon Heads for the final fight -- we would love to borrow them or borrow your ideas for how to make them cheaply! 

I'd love to have my kids talk with you and your students about you tackled the show too, as they launch into working with this wonderful script. 

Thanks,
    Heather Damron
    English, Journalism, and Theatre Teacher
    South Hunterdon Regional High School
    301 Mount Airy- Harbourton Road
    Lambertville NJ 08530

Theatre kills ignorance.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

• 4.  RE: She kills monsters

Posted 02-13-2019 10:13
    Hello,

I found some cool stuff from cos-play sites.  And it was suggested to me to make the monster masks from "papercraft".  If you google it, you'll get a bunch of projects that can be completed by students.  We then contacted a specific vendor for FOAM weapons so we didn't have to worry so much about the potential for injury.  It's called Barbarian Weaponry on Etsy.  Good Luck!

Paul Hengels
    Drama Teacher
    Waukegan High School
    Round Lake IL

• 5.  RE: She kills monsters

Posted 12-12-2018 21:55
    Sarah,

Thank you so much for reaching out before.  Your advice was awesome and going to be really helpful.

Paul Hengels
    Drama Teacher
    Waukegan High School
    Round Lake IL