Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Point system question

Posted 08-17-2018 11:15

• 2.  RE: Point system question

Posted 08-19-2018 10:56
    There are so many options for ways to recognize thespians who have earned points above and beyond their 10 for induction. Every troupe does recognition differently, some as they go, some at end of year ceremonies, some just during senior year, and some with official gear (stoles, cords, medals, pins,...) while others use a simple certificate. If your troupe is new, then it's something the troupe should discuss and agree upon, and the plan should be approved by your principal if it involves recognitions to be worn at graduation. It's a fun way to build traditions.

Your troupe director will receive a catalog of options for purchase and they can be browsed here: Thespian and Junior Thespian honors - EdTA - Educational Theatre Association
    Schooltheatre remove preview
    Thespian and Junior Thespian honors - EdTA - Educational Theatre Association
    View this on Schooltheatre >

I hope this helps!

------------------------------
    Kathleen McNulty Mann
    mcnulkl@bay.k12.fl.us

Program Director
    Arnold High School Theatre
    Thespian Troupe 6371
    Panama City Beach, FL

District 10 Chair & State Logistics
    Florida State Junior Thespians

Board Member
    Membership Committee Chair
    Florida Association for Theatre Education

• 3.  RE: Point system question

Posted 08-21-2018 02:10
    As for "So many options," I certainly concur.  I chartered my first Thespian troupe in 1974 (#2234, Benson High School, Benson, AZ).  Since then I never considered awarding Thespian points for simply attending drama club/troupe meetings.  However, since our AZ Thespian Festival is so early in the school year (weekend before Thanksgiving) it's rather difficult for an incoming freshman to amass the 10 points needed to become an inducted Thespian so that they can perform at the Festival.  Thus the decision has been made that attendance at each meeting (bi-weekly) will earn one point PROVIDED they attend thru adjournment. 

• 4.  RE: Point system question

Posted 08-20-2018 08:31
    There is a place at the bottom of the "official" certificate issued by ITS, beneath the signatures, that is indicated as a place to put star and honor-bar stickers.

Josh Kauffman
    Teacher
    Winfield AL