Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Showtix4u

Posted 04-03-2019 11:44
    Has anyone been having trouble with the new update that Showtix4u came out with?  I have been having a terrible time this year using our Dymo printer with the new system.  Any help out there?

------------------------------
    Sincerely,
    David T. Kelley, M.Ed.
    Theatre Arts/Film Studies Educator
    Arbor View High School
    (702)799-6660 x4095
    http://bit.ly/crimsonplayers

"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau
    ---------------------------------------
    Check out my classroom grant projects!
    https://arbor-view-high.ed.co/avhs-crimson-players

• 2.  RE: Showtix4u

Posted 04-03-2019 12:50

I know there was an update recently that caused it not to work with the most recent version of MAC OS. That hurt one of my groups during the week of their last production. We had to revert to paper tickets. I am not sure they have resolved that issue or not. 

~Dave

David Simpson
    Performing Arts Center Manager
    East China Schools
    East China MI

• 3.  RE: Showtix4u

Posted 04-04-2019 14:59

Thanks for your feedback. We're here to work with you to create a tool that is helpful in sharing the arts with your students and communities. We'll reach out to each of you personally to make sure your concerns are addressed and solutions are communicated or developed.

The new ShowTix4U was built on feedback and we look forward to resolving your issues and finding ways to fulfill your requests.

Steel C Wallis
    ShowTix4U
    866-967-8167
    client@showtix4u.com
    www.ShowTix4U.com

• 4.  RE: Showtix4u

Posted 04-04-2019 09:36
    I also had an awful time with the new site.  Not only is it completely not user friendly for a Mac, they don't have a lot of solutions for when your dymo printer fails.  Luckily I have awesome IT people in my district who were able to circumvent it, but we only found it to work using google chrome--which is exactly the opposite of what showtix told me would work.

My bigger issue was the way the ticketing map would enlarge--you couldn't enlarge it enough to see the full screen--there were so many problems with the new update that I'm about 50/50 to moving to a new program.  They need to fix their issues!

Molly Grasso
    Nebraska
    Papillion-LaVista H.S.
    Papillion NE

• 5.  RE: Showtix4u

Posted 04-04-2019 17:11
    Let me clarify some things as I have been called out by my colleagues here in Vegas for speaking my mind. 

I have been happy for years with Showtix4u's service.  I have invested money into different products to help sell the tickets at the door.  I have been thankful for all that they have done for us here in Vegas and beyond.  I just want to get my system working like it used to.  <g class="gr_ gr_512 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="512" data-gr-id="512">Showtix</g> and it's various investors should be proud of the product that they have created.  After <g class="gr_ gr_662 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="662" data-gr-id="662">all</g> I believe that they were the first ones out there and now everyone is trying to get into the game.

When my trouble arose my email system had unfortunately dumped newsletters into my Junk file so I was not aware of the change until I logged on for my show in February.  I will continue to work with the issue and try to figure this dilemma out.

Sincerely,
    David T. Kelley, M.Ed.
    Theatre Arts/Film Studies Educator
    Arbor View High School
    (702)799-6660 x4095
    http://bit.ly/crimsonplayers

"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau
    ---------------------------------------
    Check out my classroom grant projects!
    https://arbor-view-high.ed.co/avhs-crimson-players

• 6.  RE: Showtix4u

Posted 04-05-2019 07:04
    I totally agree with you - the new format has serious issues.  
    1. The seating chart display is terrible.  You can only see a small portion of it at a time.
    2.  There used to be a report you could generate which would tell you the amount of tickets sold within a certain time frame.  We used this report to balance our box office sales on a daily basis. This report no longer exists.
    3. The dynamo printers are a hit and miss. They might print using Safari, but stop, then work on Chrome, but stop.  Sometimes we print tickets, but it stops working for the next sale. So frustrating!

I brought the first two of these issues to Showtix's attention back in January (when we ran our first production with the new platform) and nothing has changed.
    I am seriously thinking of switching to a different ticketing service (after 4 years of using Showtix).

--
    Rob Gentry
    Director of Theatre
    Perrysburg High School
    13385 Roachton Road
    Perrysburg, OH 43551
    419.874.3181 ext 5105
    Confidentiality NoticeThis message may contain student personally identifiable information that is confidential. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 419-874-9131. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.

Confidentiality NoticeThis message may contain student personally identifiable information that is confidential. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 419-874-9131. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.