Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  audition sides

Posted 02-19-2019 11:57
    Does anyone have audition sides for "Who Walks in the Dark", the Tim Kelly play?  If not, how do you choose which parts of the script to use for <g class="gr_ gr_149 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="149" data-gr-id="149">audtions</g>?

------------------------------
    Karen Fairbank
    Director, eighth grade play
    Thomas Jefferson School
    St. Louis MO

• 2.  RE: audition sides

Posted 02-22-2019 10:26
    I haven't read this play, but I can provide some general advice about choosing sides. I would choose the scenes that stood out as you read the script, the ones you remember the most, that inspired some kind of emotional reaction. Choose scenes where a character transitions or makes a discovery so you can see how the actor handles it. Think about what you need to know about an actor in order to cast a role and find a scene that will make it easier to choose that person. For example, if they need to be able to deliver a punchline and demonstrate a sense of comedic timing, find a section of the play where that opportunity exists. If two characters need to have a romantic connection, find a scene where this relationship starts to develop. Hope this helps!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY