Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  A Christmas Carol

Posted 06-11-2018 13:33

Hello,
    We are looking at scripts and are interested "A Christmas Carol." Does anyone have experience with this show? We are looking for a script that is family friendly, good for all ages, (i.e. ghosts aren't too scary for kids) and the language isn't too archaic.
    We would like to get a jumpstart and would appreciate any help!
    Shana 

------------------------------
    Shana DeRose-Smith
    Huron OH

• 2.  RE: A Christmas Carol

Posted 06-12-2018 09:17

Jerome McDonough  Has a Christmas Carol script. It is very good and all of the cast is onstage all of the time. It is  a great ensemble script. 

Cathy

• 3.  RE: A Christmas Carol

Posted 06-12-2018 11:47
    We did "A Seussified Christmas Carol" this past year. Fun, family-friendly, and the integrity of the story is still there. 

You can can find it on playscripts.

Rebecca Black
    Teacher/Director
    Wayland MI

• 4.  RE: A Christmas Carol

Posted 06-12-2018 14:28
      |   view attached
    I have written ab adapted a version: A Christmas Carol: As Told by Charles Dickens. Soon after he wrote the book, Dickens was asked to do readings of the story. He truncated the book for these readings. This adaptation is based on this edited version.

Using story theatre techniques (à la Nicholas Nickleby), I have Dickens narrate the story. Given Dickens love of the theatre, a few friends show up to help tell the story. Other than Dickens and Scrooge, all the other characters help narrate and play multiple roles. The supernatural characters, Marley and the Ghosts, are intended to be puppets to give them an other worldly quality. The cast size is highly flexible. 

As this is still unproduced you would be doing the premiere. The first person to produce the play can do so royalty free, as I want to see it on its feet. I have attached a sample of the play.

Thank you.

PS: If you are interested in a perusal copy of the script, contact me at jvanleishout@gmail.com.

James Van Leishout
    Olympia WA

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Chrstmas Carol sample.pdf   136 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: A Christmas Carol

Posted 06-12-2018 21:21
    ​Greetings,

Have you looked at the musical version. We had a local school just produce it and it was a hit.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 6.  RE: A Christmas Carol

Posted 06-15-2018 14:21
    I have a script that I've adapted and performed with several groups. As well as the story of Carol, it contains three modern day teenagers who interject during the play to help the audiences understand the play in modern terms. If you are interested, I can email you a copy.

Break a leg and may all your theatre seats be filled,

Kelly Thomas
    Poteet Pirate Theatre