Open Forum

View Only

Molière's 400th Birthday!

• 1.  Molière's 400th Birthday!

Posted 08-02-2021 20:42

A recent post reminded me that this forum might have an especial interest in events surrounding the upcoming Quadricentennary celebration for Molière.

My one-man show, "Molière than Thou" has been a favorite among Theatre and French teachers over the past 20 years, performed over 500 times to perhaps 100,000 people.

This year, amid the dangers of the pandemic, I created a 3-camera video recording of "Molière than Thou" which was this summer's (celebrated) opening event of the American Association of Teachers of French conference.

In addition to my usual in-person performances, I've added broadcasts of "Molière than Thou" to my available events… which enables me to offer the show (at almost any time) for about 25% of the cost for in-person bookings (with, obviously, no hotel expense).

I've got a short (15 minute) showcase of some of the monologues available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7M8itqTHs&t=25s , if you'd like to get an advance peek! Please drop me a note if you'd like to get onto the schedule to share the excitement with your students! (If you're interested in in-person events, I can also let you know when I'm planning to be in your state.)

I also have seventeen new Moliere adaptations (in English rhyme), most with "40-minute" versions available for high schools, and am happy to share perusal copies with directors!

Best wishes,

Tim Mooney

Tim_Mooney@earthlink.net

www.TimMooneyRep.com

------------------------------
    Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com
    ------------------------------