Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Transfer student Inductee

Posted 04-04-2017 18:16
    I have a Junior student who's transferring from our school to another and he was going to be inducted in our troop this year. Can he transfer to the other school with his current points, and as an active member? Or what would he have to do once at the new school?

Thank you,
    Rebecca Z

• 2.  RE: Transfer student Inductee

Posted 04-05-2017 05:39
    If he is inducted into your troupe before the move, his membership can be transferred with the use of a simple form. He would remain a member of your troupe until the new troupe requests the transfer.

• 3.  RE: Transfer student Inductee

Posted 04-05-2017 07:58
    If you induct the student before he moves, then his new troupe leader can transfer him. If you don't induct him into your troupe, then the new director will need to induct him before he is a member. As a director in a military town where this happens often; if you can send the student with a completed and verified point card then it should be super easy for him to meet induction standards.

--
    Hillary Bogers
    Theatre Director
    Jack Britt High School
    910-429-2800

This e-mail is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, re-transmission, copying, or reliance on the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the correspondence immediately. All e-mail correspondence to and from this email may be subject to disclosure to any third party upon request, including the media. It shall not be necessary to disclose: 1) E-mail correspondence which does not constitute a Public Record as defined under N.C.G.S. §132.1 or; 2) a public record which is exempt from disclosure under other applicable State or Federal law.

• 4.  RE: Transfer student Inductee

Posted 04-05-2017 09:09
    You can induct your student now, and when he moves, he will need to be transferred to the other Junior Troupe, with his earned points. The teacher at his new school can use the student transfer form to effect the transfer. Here's the link from our website so anyone interested can bookmark it for future use.

Transfer membership - International Thespian Society 

------------------------------
    David LaFleche
    Director of Membership
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Transfer student Inductee

Posted 04-06-2017 10:50
    Thank you everyone for your helpful responses!! I appreciate your time and am happy to hear that my student can transfer without any hiccups! I also appreciate receiving the link to the form.