Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Honor Cords

Posted 04-05-2019 08:59
    Hi Everyone,

This is the first year that my students will wear honor cords at graduation. As a result we need to make changes to our constitution. Could you please share any advice that you have about the changes that should be included? Also, if you do wear cords do you allow all of the students to wear them? Is it just a certain rank? Do the students have to be active during each year after induction?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Ellen O'Reilly-LaSalle
    Dighton Rehoboth Regional High School

• 2.  RE: Honor Cords

Posted 04-05-2019 09:43
    There have been a couple of threads regarding this topic you might want to take a look at. 

It really is about what works in the culture of your community, school and troupe.  In my Troupe, per our constitution, students receive cords (we call them Honor Cords) if they have achieved the rank of Honor Thespian and are an active member of our Troupe during Senior Year. 

My students receive medals at Induction and then I put all the pins they earn on the medal ribbon as they grow through my program.  I collect them back right before Awards night and then place them around their neck with the new pins that night as I announce what they've earned.  It makes for a really nice ceremony.  That means that, for us,  cords are EXTRA special and not every Senior gets one. But that is simply the value that we have assigned to it, other Troupes have different structures. That's what I feel is the beauty of EdTA honor/spirit wear - we as Sponsors have the freedom to create the best structure for our individual situations.

Amy Learn
    Ballwin MO