Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Props and Costume Accessories

Posted 08-30-2017 10:48
    I design and build my own costumes, but I have been using theatrehouse.com for many years to supply our shows' props and costume accessories.  Their website no longer works and they're not answering the phone, so I'm guessing they are no long in business.  Can anyone recommend another source for me?  I know about thecostumer.com, but I'm hoping for some additional reputable options.  Thanks for any help you can give.

------------------------------
    Chelsea Petty
    Columbus MS

• 2.  RE: Props and Costume Accessories

Posted 08-31-2017 07:33
    Yep...unfortunately TheatreHouse closed (in June I believe).  As for other sources, I use a variety of online places...you do ahve to be careful that you pay attention to what you are getting (and if the price is really low=low quality)
    Caufields.com - Costumes, Theatrical, Party Supplies, Hats, Wigs, Makeup & more
    BuyCostumes.com: Halloween Costumes for Adults & Kids
    Wigs, Hairpieces, Hair Extensions, Falls and Accessories | Wilshire Wigs
    Fabric.com: Online Shopping for Home Decor, Apparel, Quilting & Designer Fabric

In my district you often have to have 3 quotes for purchases so I often search long and hard for the best prices. Most of the online places do not take purchase orders/ accounts which leads to getting reimbursed often. You have to do some searching to find those that will take purchase orders.

Amy Berry
    Teacher/ Troupe Director/ Costume Designer
    Youth Performing Arts School/JCPS
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: Props and Costume Accessories

Posted 08-31-2017 10:47
    I've used Norcotco in the past. They're easy to work with and sometimes have great deals!

http://www.norcostco.com/

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 4.  RE: Props and Costume Accessories

Posted 09-01-2017 10:20
    You have Josette's in Biloxi MS, that is a great source of fabric, trims, etc.  If you need a source to find a good costume shops in your area, go to the "National Costumers Association" website and find a shop by state. A lot of them ship anywhere and work with schools and PO's.

Gene Flaharty
    Independence MO