Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Inductions

Posted 03-26-2018 11:19
    Hi All,

I am preparing for Inductions.  Last year I sent in a paper copy of the forms and a check from our school district.  This year everything is online so I have to hand enter everything.  Is there a way to cut and paste all the information from a google doc or excel?  Can you only pay with a credit cared?  I need some help with this.

------------------------------
    Carol] Siegel
    Certified Theatre Educator
    Island Trees High School
    Levittown, NY
    516-520-2135

• 2.  RE: Inductions

Posted 03-27-2018 10:26
    Hi, Carol

Troupe directors can capture their students' current contact information using induction invitations, which have an R.S.V.P. section for that purpose. A version of those is available for download as Thespian induction invitation sheets from the Resources section of the Thespian troupe directors page, or logged-in troupe directors can order packs of 25 paper stock invitations free of charge from the EdTA Store using the product code HSINVITE. For middle schools, the Junior Thespian troupe directors page provides a download link for Junior Thespian induction invitation sheets, and the product code for paper stock invitations is JRINVITE.

Students move so much that school and even troupe records can become out of date very quickly. It's essential to have students provide their current contact information at the time of induction, because it's needed to deliver essential benefits, including print and digital editions of Dramatics magazine.

Troupe directors use a wide variety school software and spreadsheet formats to keep student information, so the online induction process requires one-time entry of each student's information. Many troupe directors do that data entry directly from the induction invitation R.S.V.P. cards collected from their current induction candidates. After induction, student contact information may be updated by the troupe director or students themselves.

Payment options include credit card, official school purchase order, or check. Credit card provides the fastest possible turnaround. Induction materials and store merchandise are released for shipment only after we receive and process a copy of the invoice along with a P.O. document or check, so it's important so follow up with those as soon as possible. Instructions for doing so are available in the checkout process and order confirmation.

I hope this helps. If you have specific questions, please feel free to contact us our service team by email at members@schooltheatre.org or by phone at 513.421.3900.

Brian Benz
    Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 3.  RE: Inductions

Posted 03-28-2018 21:02

I make my kids come stand at the computer and dictate their info to me while I enter it.  It makes everything faster and a mistake is on them.

For payment, I usually do a CC simply because it's fast and it's very easy and fast for me to be reimbursed by my school.  If that weren't the case, I would do a PO or invoice.  A little slower, but it works, I've done it before.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR