Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Christmas Carol - Staged Reading/Radio Show

Posted 10-15-2019 17:16
    We're looking to do a student-led production of Christmas Carol as a fun fundraiser and additional performance opportunity for the kids.

I'd love to find an adaptation that is written to be performed as a radio show or staged reading.  We want to put this together in two weeks with minimal sets, props, costumes, etc.  

Anyone with a good suggestion or experience with something like this?

Thank you so much!

------------------------------
    Brett Buffum
    Theatre Teacher
    Spring Hill KS

• 2.  RE: Christmas Carol - Staged Reading/Radio Show

Posted 10-16-2019 07:19
    The book is very easy to adapt to the theater and to radio.  I would recommend reading the text and working with your students to select passages to include and sound effects to recreate.  Purchase a book you can mark up as you go and then type your own adaptation.  Character work and line memorization occurs in many ways during the adaptation process, so you might have to add another week if you went this route, but it is totally doable.

Michael Johnson
    Trinity NC

• 3.  RE: Christmas Carol - Staged Reading/Radio Show

Posted 10-16-2019 08:37
    I have a 45 min quick and easy adaptation which we performed in a minimalistic style that could easily be arranged as a radio performance.  If you'd like it just shoot me a way to send it to you!

Kimberly Wibbenmeyer
    SULLIVAN MO

• 4.  RE: Christmas Carol - Staged Reading/Radio Show

Posted 10-16-2019 10:36
    There is a fun script called A Christmas Carol on the Air. It's written by Brad Carroll and a Peter Sham.

Erik Stein
    Casting Director/Recruitment Coordinator
    PCPA Pacific Conservatory Theatre

Author of No Caution! A step-by-step guide to preparing auditions for Universities, Colleges, Conservatories, and Beyond!

Available on Amazon.com and other online booksellers