Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  She Kills Monsters....

Posted 10-16-2017 12:17

I am directing this show in February and I am interested to find out what others who have directed this show have done about masks/ the dragon needed?  Did you make them? Purchase them?  Any responses would be helpful.  Thanks!
    --
    Laura Cummiskey

• 2.  RE: She Kills Monsters....

Posted 10-16-2017 13:05
    We did She Kills Monsters last year and had a ball! It's a great play if you do the "adult" version. I think the high school version isn't as good. Qui Nguyen changed the plot for the hs version and the dynamics are all wrong, in my opinion.

We built our dragon, was given the gelatinous cube by a local university who used my same idea for building it, hired a fight director and purchased high quality plastic sword and spears from Cold Steel. If you need any help with the tech, let me know and I can fill you in on what we did.

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: She Kills Monsters....

Posted 10-16-2017 13:13
    Thanks so much!! That is helpful information:)

Laura Cummiskey
    St. Louis MO

• 4.  RE: She Kills Monsters....

Posted 10-16-2017 13:07
    You can paint the trainers with acrylic paint. The site for Cold Steel:

Training Knives | Cold Steel
    Coldsteel remove preview
    Training Knives | Cold Steel
    Cold Steel Inc. is a knife and tool company dedicated to creating the world's strongest, sharpest, knives, swords, tomahawks, machetes, cutlery, tools for every day carry: EDC. Quickly adopted by Military, Law Enforcement Special units, Emergency Services Personnel, Self Defense professionals as well as members of the Martial Arts community, Cold Steel quickly became renowned for quality, strength, reliability and dependability in every day carry.
    View this on Coldsteel >

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY