Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  IE musical solo choice

Posted 12-01-2017 13:25
    My student is looking at " A Quiet Night at Home"  from Bare - Is this an acceptable song?  Thank you for your help.
    Cathy

------------------------------
    Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 2.  RE: IE musical solo choice

Posted 12-01-2017 19:47
    YES. Not only is it an acceptable choice, if someone came into my IE room and sang "A Quiet Night at Home," I would be tempted to give them all superiors before the music even started playing. Okay, I would obviously resist this temptation and give them whatever score they earned. But I'd still be super excited to see that song performed! I think it's one of the best female solo musical theatre songs ever written, and it doesn't get performed anywhere near enough.

Victoria Chatfield
    Executive Director
    National Theatre for Student Artists
    www.nationalstudenttheatre.org
    vchatfield@nationalstudenttheatre.org

• 3.  RE: IE musical solo choice

Posted 12-04-2017 14:28
    Thank you. She will be excited to hear that it is not done very often. This is her third choice... I kept pushing her to find something newer and less done!

Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 4.  RE: IE musical solo choice

Posted 12-06-2017 13:33
    Another question on musical IE's.  Are the songs from Anastasia acceptable? I tried finding the publisher without success.
    Thank you

Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 5.  RE: IE musical solo choice

Posted 12-07-2017 07:03
    My students took "In a Crowd of Thousands" from Anastasia to Districts and got a superior and will be taking it to state. I think they only need proof of the production if its a lesser known show. At this point, I think we're all aware of Anastasia. (:

Heather Cribbs
    Theatre Director
    New Smyrna Beach High School
    New Smyrna Beach, FL