Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pairing with moliere

Posted 05-05-2021 19:51
    We plan on doing The Learned Ladies as our main production(upper class men-high school). But would like to compliment our ensemble production thematically.  Any suggestions for a large cast marriage?
    This message may contain confidential or privileged information that is solely for the intended recipient. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this transmission by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any unintended errors, omissions or viruses in the content of this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the content of this information is strictly prohibited.

• 2.  RE: Pairing with moliere

Posted 05-06-2021 09:41
    Great choice! (Moliere's 400th birthday is January 2022!) I've put together 17 rhyming adaptations of Molière's plays, most of which I've also edited down into 40-50 minute versions for one-act/competition options. You can find info on those at www.moliere-in-english.com . My personal choice would be to match "Learned Ladies" with "The School for Wives." It demonstrates that Molière, an equal-opportunity satirist, was quite willing to make fun of both the men AND the women of his time!

Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com

------------------------------
    Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com

• 3.  RE: Pairing with moliere

Posted 05-06-2021 13:02
    Thank you!

Krissy Dorn

• 4.  RE: Pairing with moliere

Posted 05-06-2021 18:06
    I should also mention that I'm happy to share perusal copies of any of the plays on my site.

Break a leg!
    Tim

Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com