Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Improv: Viola Spolin Theater Games Zoom - Tues Eves

Posted 04-29-2020 19:51
    Join our weekly Virtual Viola Spolin Theater Games Zoom. Tuesdays 4:30pm Pacific / 5:30pm Moutain / 6:30pm Central and 7:30pm Eastern.

It's a virtual space to share, play, and explore Viola's Theater Games inside an online experience.

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88024550185

Led By Ed Reggi, professor of Theater at the University of Illinois at Edwardsville. He is the founder of Paper Slip Theatre Company and has also studied at The Second City. He is a Board Member for the Applied Improv Network and serves as the Director of the regional and local chapters. Applied improvisation uses the principles, tools, practices, skills, and mind-sets developed in comedy, jazz, and theatre and utilizes them for non-theatrical purposes.

Join: Everyone Loves Spolin Group on Facebook 

------------------------------
    BJ Lange
    Teacher
    The Second City and Orange County School of the Arts CA
    Hollywood CA

• 2.  RE: Improv: Viola Spolin Theater Games Zoom - Tues Eves

Posted 04-30-2020 08:37
    Hi BJ,

I'm curious. Which games have you been using? 

Thank you,

Christian Ely

Christian Ely
    Middle School Theatre Arts Teacher
    Montclair Kimberley Academy
    Montclair NJ

• 3.  RE: Improv: Viola Spolin Theater Games Zoom - Tues Eves

Posted 05-01-2020 02:13

Hello Christian! 

Spolin specific, we've been doing exercises such as space walks and mirror exercises.  Overall improv game wise, we've been doing Oracle (versus Dr. Know It All due to the lag), Emotional Roller Coaster, Questions, 185, World's Worst, and Try That On For Size and a bazillion others. I've got a great list of compiled online games that we've been working on if you want! Shoot me an e-mail: CC both --  bjcomedy@gmail.com, bjlange@secondcity.com 

BJ Lange
    Teacher
    The Second City and Orange County School of the Arts CA
    Hollywood CA