Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Charlie Brown Accompaniment

Posted 09-28-2018 08:23
    Has anyone used the performance tracks from Tams for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (revised)?  Does it have all of the in-between the scenes music?  Did you have a good experience with it?

Daniel Stahl
    Technical Director
        ~The Center for the Arts~
    2209 S. Knoxville, Russellville, AR
         o:(479)498-6600 ext. 3
         c:(479)264-5515

• 2.  RE: Charlie Brown Accompaniment

Posted 09-29-2018 09:39
    Yes, it is EXACTLY like the tv cartoon. We used it with a Mac, and there were a few glitches when we inadvertently upgraded the operating system. When I called to find out what I should do at 4 pm on a school day, I was told the tech person was gone for the day and he would call back the next day. We played phone tag for a bit, because I was in class, but eventually we got it resolved.  

Youwill want ant to rehearse with it as soon as possible though because, as I remember, you can't edit it at all.

We had a great time doing this. It was a great seller. We ended up adding performances and it's great for little kids as it runs 27 minutes- just like the cartoon.

------------------------------
    Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 3.  RE: Charlie Brown Accompaniment

Posted 10-04-2018 17:34
    We used the tracks from The MT Pit last year for our production of YAGMCB and had a great experience with it. It was my 2nd time using that company and I highly recommend them. It does have all the incidental music, scene change music, etc. This particular show has a LOT of that, but it was all there! It took some practicing to get the timing right, but once we got it down it worked beautifully.

Emily Olson
    Theatre Arts Teacher and Director
    Fort Stockton, TX

• 4.  RE: Charlie Brown Accompaniment

Posted 10-05-2018 10:10
    Just wanted to jump in and clarify: Holly is referring to A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS, which is a stage adaptation of the TV special and does indeed run 27 minutes. For that show, Tams-Witmark once provided digital audio software called Tams Rehearsal Aid. We have recently discontinued that service, and now provide a link to digital audio tracks. Of course, an orchestration for live musicians is also available.

Daniel was asking about a different show, YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN, a full-length musical featuring the Peanuts characters. As Emily mentioned, audio tracks for that show are available through The MT Pit.

The audio tracks for both shows include all transitional music and underscoring, as well as the accompaniment to all songs.

(To further confuse everyone, SNOOPY!!! THE MUSICAL features the same characters, plus Woodstock and Peppermint Patty. Good grief!)

Hope this clears things up!

Jim Colleran
    Concord Music | Tams | R&H | TMC
    New York, NY
    www.tamswitmark.com