Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Full time theatre job opening

Posted 04-13-2021 19:31

After 37 years I'll be leaving the classroom in June. I have a fantastic program (over 500 students) in Southern CA in a one HS town, team teach several periods with the musical director and co-Technical Theatre teacher, and have a district that is very supportive of the Arts. We are a small unified district in a very Arts rich town with 8 colleges walking distance from the HS. Claremont is about 30 miles east of Los Angeles in LA County.

Our program is 59 years old and we have a strong alumni network. My district is giving me three weeks in September to help with the transition (not in the classroom, just on campus to get the new teacher up to speed).

Consider applying, spread the word, help us find a great candidate. Reach out with any questions-I'll be very honest-at the8turwoman@aol.com.

Biggest drawback is Claremont is a very expensive place to live, but surrounding communities are more affordable. https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1381108

------------------------------
    Krista Carson Elhai
    Educational Theatre Foundation National Board of Trustees
    CA Educational Theatre Association, Past President
    CA Thespians Director of Membership & New Teacher Outreach
    Theatre Chair Claremont HS
    An International Baccalaureate World School
    Claremont CA

• 2.  RE: Full time theatre job opening

Posted 04-14-2021 10:45
    Thirty-seven years! That is a remarkable stretch, and I salute you. I only lasted thirteen years in the classroom. I will definitely put the word out.

John Glass

Painting Contractor
    Freelance Percussionist
    Playwright, Founder of Student Plays
    Orange County, CA

• 3.  RE: Full time theatre job opening

Posted 04-15-2021 08:50
    Dear Krista,

Congratulations! Take a bow we salute you. May your new found freedom be filled with joy and laughter.

Sincerely,

Laura

Laura Rizzo
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Miami Country Day School
    Miami FL