Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Lullaby

Posted 01-26-2018 12:51
    Does anyone have a lead on an arrangement for the Lullaby in Midsummer that I can legally use for no or minimal royalties? I have a choir director ready to teach the harmonies if there is a two or three part harmony arrangement. Thanks.

------------------------------
    Amy Strickland
    Drama Teacher
    AL

• 2.  RE: Lullaby

Posted 01-27-2018 09:39

• 3.  RE: Lullaby

Posted 01-30-2018 08:29
    If these are reconstructions, wouldn't permission still be needed to use the melody? Is there some kind of performance release included in the book?

Amy Strickland
    Drama Teacher
    AL

• 4.  RE: Lullaby

Posted 01-27-2018 20:38
    I have done this play twice as a MainStage and use this lullaby in my Shakespeare Performance classes regularly.

We always improvise and melody and create our own harmonization. A choral director should be able to help your students do this.

Depending on the time period in which you are placing the piece, you should begin by listening to a lot of music from the time. To avoid embarrassment and make sure the students are really listing to and working with each other, I have them start by lying in a circle on their backs with their heads to the center. I then have them use the lyric which they have memorized in a call and response type piece repeating and or harmonizing at will. Some times they repeat the whole line, sometimes jus words. Some students join in with a cappella type accompaniment. The students are always blown away by what they are able to due and come up with something amazing unique to the group and production.

Jill Campbell
    State College Area High School
    ARTsmART(Learning Enrichment/Gifted Support)
    Director State High Thespian Troupe 5029
    jkc11@scasd.org