Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Scoring System

Posted 10-27-2017 20:28
    I had joined my high school's Drama Club recently and I heard hat there was a scoring system where you got points for being in a play, directing a play, doing tech for a play, and/or even writing up a critique about a play you watch. And I also heard that this scoring system can carry on into the rest of your life for future directors to see how much experience you have. Is this true?

------------------------------
    James Baum
    Idaho Falls ID

• 2.  RE: Scoring System

Posted 10-30-2017 08:36
    You came to the right place, James. What you're looking for is the International Thespian Society induction point system. Below is a link to the high school teacher page of the ITS website. The first yellow box on the left opens the troupe handbook. The point system is in there. To the right will be another box for the Thespian Induction Point System tool. Your teacher can use that to enter, track, and accumulate induction points for everyone. 

If there is already an honor society (Thespian Troupe) at your school, your Troupe Director is likely already aware of these tools. If there isn't a troupe yet, the ITS site will help your teacher understand how valuable it is to have one at your school. 

https://www.schooltheatre.org/internationalthespiansociety/troupedirectors

David LaFleche
    Director of Membership
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH