Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-04-2017 18:23

Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone has any feedback or information on Cobalt Studio's Scenic Painting Training.  Found their website over my December break and am intrigued by the week training for teachers.

Cobalt Studios Scenic Painting Training

------------------------------
    Lynda Gibson
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI

• 2.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-04-2017 22:54
    I know Cobalt is a great place but I don't have firsthand experience. I really want to do their summer teacher training at the end of June.

---------------------------------
    Megan Weeks
    Teacher/Director
    Huron Valley Schools
    Milford MI
    ---------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-07-2017 05:21

Hi Megan (and others),

That's exactly what I'm thinking myself!

Thanks to the others who have posted with information....I'm thinking long and hard about making a little trip. :-)

Lynda Gibson
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI

• 4.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-05-2017 09:24

Two of my colleagues have taken the summer course for teachers and they both thought it was outstanding.  One was a very experienced artist and one was very much a novice at painting.  Both found it quite useful.  

I have taken courses from some of the teachers there at another location and found them excellent.  So I from what I've heard, it is a great program 

Christopher Sheldon
    Performing Arts Teacher
    Bancroft School
    Worcester MA

• 5.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-05-2017 14:22

Hello, This is Rachel Keebler, and I run Cobalt Studios, which we started 28 years ago for the purpose of teaching Scenic Painting. Cool that it has come up on this forum. I'm a fly on the wall here, I LOVE to hear about you amazing people. I get inspiration and Information that I value.

Just so you know, Cobalt has two flavors of Summer Seminars. A three week Intensive which concentrates on skills and information (offered twice each summer) and a one week "Teachers Training for Scenic Painting" which joins hands on fun with teaching advice.  

Yes, we all have a great time out here in the New York countryside. Feedback from some folks who have come is on our facebook page –www.facebook.com/cobaltstudios.  If you want more info the website is www.cobaltstudios.net or give us a call.

• 6.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-06-2017 17:36

We have a teacher from AR who spends her summers there.  I believe the first two summers as a student and now, I really don't know what she does for them, however it is incredible seeing her work before Cobalt to now!!!!!  She has grown so much as an artist.  She continues to inspire so many by teaching workshops at our state festival.  If you are thinking about going, don't think just go!

Michelle Moss
    Arkansas Chapter Director
    Jonesboro AR

• 7.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-15-2017 14:46

This program is one of the most useful trainings I have ever completed in my teaching career.  The facilities, the faculty...absolutely incredible.  I have used every technique I learned in that course and my school's productions are now much more professional.  I have taught numerous students these techniques- many of which can even be used in your own home!  Absolutely hands-down worth it.

• 8.  RE: Cobalt Studio Scenic Painting Training

Posted 01-16-2017 07:08
    Thanks for the feedback!  I am leaning more and more towards seeing if there is still a spot open for the week training in June....just need to look at my budget and also "doggy" daycare. :-D

Lynda Gibson
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI